Hot Honey Orzo Summer Salad
- Prep Time
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Mike’s Hot Honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup olive oil or grapeseed oil
- Sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 cups cooked orzo
- 2 cobs of corn, husks removed
- 1 ripe, but firm, peach/nectarine, pitted and sliced
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup arugula
Make the dressing. Combine all ingredients in a sealable jar. Close the lid tightly and shake vigorously to combine. Set aside.
Heat a cast iron skillet over medium high heat and place the corn cobs in the pan. Turn frequently, until charred on all sides and slightly softened. Transfer to a cutting board and cut the kernels off the corn cobs.
Combine orzo, corn, peach/nectarine, blueberries, arugula, and dressing in a bowl and toss to combine. Check the salad for seasoning and adjust if necessary.
Serve immediately or place in a sealed container to keep for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.