Mike's Hot Honey started with a passion for creating and sharing the perfect fusion of two of nature's most wonderful flavors: honey and chili peppers. We've come a long way since the early days, but we're still putting the same care into every bottle. If you think you'd be a great addition to our team, please get in touch.
Bookkeeper / Finance Associate
Mike’s Hot Honey, the innovative and fast-growing food brand, is seeking a full-time Bookkeeper / Finance Assistant who will report to the Director of Finance. The position requires weekly visits to the Company’s office in Brooklyn for minimal administrative tasks during the pandemic, and will require working from the office full-time after the pandemic.
- Manage all accounts payables including vendor relationships
- Manage all accounts receivables including working closely with Operations and reviewing AR aging statements to be proactive on collections
- Document management including maintaining up-to-date records for all vendors and customers
- Cash reconciliation and revenue audits
- Maintain accrual and other schedules necessary to keep an accurate general ledger
- Assist with trade broker commission calculations
- Ensure data integrity through accurate data entry
- Assist with ad hoc projects
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum 2-year Associate’s Degree, 4-year Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 2 or more years’ experience as a bookkeeper, finance assistant, or performing similar work
- At minimum, intermediate Excel skills; knowing how to use SUMIF, VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables and other similar functions a plus
- Fundamental understanding of financial accounting including how financial statements relate to each other
- Experience using QuickBooks or other accounting software
- Resourcefulness, curiosity, and a willingness to learn
- Clear communicator
- High degree of self-organization
- Desire for excellence and obsession for detail
- Knowledge of GAAP a plus
Mike’s Hot Honey is an innovative food brand which found its beginnings at Paulie Gee’s pizzeria in Brooklyn, NY. A unique combo of sweetness and heat, it adds the perfect kick to just about any food or drink. We’ve grown a lot since the early days, but we’re still putting the same care into every bottle and every relationship.
Mike’s Hot Honey can be found at retailers from Whole Foods, Kroger, Publix and Walmart; restaurants from independent tastemakers to MOD Pizza, Sweet Chick and Starbird; HelloFresh meal kits; and at its own Mike’s Hot Honey Fried Chicken concession at Madison Square Garden. It’s a top 100 grocery item and the #1 selling honey on Amazon as of November 2020.
Please send cover let ter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in working with us but don't see the job for you? Send your resume here and tell us a little about yourself.